Odyssey™ offers the flexibility to select a complete system for particular job requirements. These matched systems can be quickly engineered for specific applications using Trane computerized selection and load programs.
Odyssey air handlers are designed, tested and rated with condensing units for the proper match between capacity and load. Additionally, condensing units can be matched with Trane custom air handlers.
Heat Pump and Cooling Unit Options
Available with single, manifold (cooling only) and dual compressor options:
• The single compressor models feature a single refrigeration circuit, which requires one set of refrigerant lines. These units are ideal for low cost, new construction jobs, renovations and replacements.
Odyssey also offers a single refrigerant circuit/capacity unloading compressor option for 10, 15, 20 and 25 ton cooling units. These feature dual manifolded scroll compressors, two stages of capacity modulation and a single refrigeration circuit.
These units are idea for new construction and replacements.
• Dual compressor units provide true stand-by protection. If one compressor fails, the second will automatically startup. With independent refrigerant circuits, these compressors can be serviced without shutting down the unit.
Along with stand-by protection, dual compressors also lower energy costs. During light load conditions one compressor functions to maintain the space comfort, reducing utility requirements.
For instance, the EER of the 15-ton heat pump at ARI conditions is 10.6 and at part-load is 12.6.
• With a smaller, lighter and more manageable cabinet, the compact design saves time and money in rigging and installation. Odyssey replaces almost any unit – effortlessly.
Air Handlers Offer More Flexibility
Convertible air handlers can be installed either vertically in a mechanical room or horizontally above a ceiling and don’t require panel removal to make airflow applications work.
Odyssey air handlers have a double-sloped condensate drain pan that can be positioned vertically or horizontally. The drain pan is also easily removed for cleaning.
A single zone variable frequency drive (SZVAV) is also available on the 10-25 ton air handlers and used in conjunction with the ReliaTel Options module to provide supply fan motor speed modulation.
For SZVAV control, the drive will accelerate or decelerate as required to meet the Zone Cooling demand.
Odyssey air handlers also offer a 2-speed variable frequency drive (VFD) that can reduce the supply fan motor speed to 66% of its full capacity during part load cooling conditions.
Air handlers feature factory-installed belt drive and ball bearing evaporator fans with adjustable sheaves for maximum airflow performance. In fact, the standard motor on the 10-ton air handler will deliver 4000 cfm at 0.7″ ESP.
Oversized motors are available for higher static applications. Versatility is further increased by a complete line of accessories:
• Discharge plenum and grille
• Return grille
• Electric heaters
• High static evaporator motor
• Isolators, both rubber-in-shear and spring type
• A full line of indoor and outdoor thermostats
Odyssey™ meets new mandates for higher efficiency applications.
Lower Installation Costs
Outdoor units and air handlers are factory-packaged and assembled so job-site installation is quick and easy. Odyssey ships as a complete unit with all the components, controls and internal wiring needed for a smooth job-site startup. Unlike some competitive models, these air handler components are factory installed:
• Single point power entry
• Blower wheel and housing
• Evaporator motor with sheaves and pulleys
• Fan relay
• DX coil with complete refrigeration circuitry
• Expansion valve and check valve
Trane has taken the steps to ensure Odyssey is up and running out-of-the-box. Early indicators such as phase/reversal monitors and loss of charge protection provide diagnostics which prevent failure and provide years of worry-free service and operation. Other diagnostic features include:
• Phase monitor
• Discharge line thermostat
• High pressure cutout
• Low pressure cutout
• Anti-short cycle timer
6 TO 25 TONS